Interior paint ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

!keithnra

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Eddie Bauer with tan interior paint code 1H. I need to paint the bezel aroung the radio because it is chipping and i need to know whjat the paint code is. Interior trim code is 1H put i cant find anything to match it . Does anyone know te paint code that oem uses. I went to dealer and they no longer sell it.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea....id like to paint mines as well around radio,even the dash part around cluster and headlight switch on my 97...its like a dark grey.

would really like to paint over....let me know or hopefully someone will post a site or produck:p

OP
OP
K

!keithnra

Reaction score
mines more of a brown color than anything. i got some sem paint and its like med natural but it was too light. I dont know if i can post a pic but ill try later.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Eddie Bauer with tan interior paint code 1H. I need to paint the bezel aroung the radio because it is chipping and i need to know whjat the paint code is. Interior trim code is 1H put i cant find anything to match it . Does anyone know te paint code that oem uses. I went to dealer and they no longer sell it.

I had the same problem with my old 02 Eddie Bauer. Back then Ford used to sell Interior Spray Laquer. I was also unsure of the exact color so I bought two different cans for the interior. One was Medium Parchment - matches the door trim pieces. The other was Medium Dark Parchment - exact match to the dash pieces. I still have both cans and no Eddie Bauer. The code on the can for the dash one is EM4JZ19M5471086. Dont know if you can still get it from Ford though.

HTH

Matt

MesaGuy

Reaction score
Pretty Sure, But Not Positive on Dark Interior Brown

Hi guys, Having invested some money in the wrong paint colors, following the many recommendations, I can say that the Ford Expedition (and F150, F250, F350) interior "darker brown" that goes with the light tan interiors (with interior code of 1X, or 1H), and shows up in the upper dash panels, radio bezel, cup holder surround, etc. is NOT actually "Medium DARK Parchment". That color is close, and if you want paint all of your surfaces, then it looks fine, but it does not match onto the existing color. (Medium Parchment does match straight exact match to the lighter tan color of 1X and 1H).

From what I can tell after spending money, the actual SEM paint color match is SEM 5208, with clear coat applied over it after base coat application. (I'm 90% sure. If not SEM 5208, then it is SEM 5206). I'm 95% sure it is one of those two, it is VERY difficult to tell from the swatches. With piece in hand, in shade or sun, matching piece to swatch, your first take is SEM 5201 (medium dark parchment) AND THAT IS NOT IT. The actual color is darker. You can order both 5208 and 5206 if you want to be sure, or if your on a budget, I'd try 5208 (on second look, with the benefit of seeing how the colors looked can top mixed, versus actual piece, I say 5208 is the actual color. Try it on the bottom/back of a piece.

I am 100% CERTAIN that the dark brown IS NOT the SEM 5201 (Medium DARK Parchment), do not waste your money on that, I already have wasted mine, and I would like to save everyone else trying to find this match the money I just waisted. Medium Dark Parchment is CLOSE, but is still too light and does NOT match.

If someone ends up investing in 5208, perhaps you can post whether that color actually did end up matching exactly, after clear coat.

Tjhoward84

Reaction score
I can't find SEM 5206 or SEM 5208. Does someone have the actual name of these paint colors? I tried ColorBond 120 (Med. Dark Parchment) for the darker brown dash acsents. Unfortunately, this color (ColorBond 120) is way too light. Does anyone know the ColorBond or SEM color name or number of the darker parts of the dash in a 1999 Eddie Bauer Expedition?

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have exact same problem. Paint is coming off in big chips. I am going to have the exterior repainted and the dash area will be next. I was hoping not to have to remove the top dash cover (not chipped) to match the rest. How big a job is it to pull all these pieces? Will the car be drivable if I need to leave the parts at a paint shop? Also the texture is apparently painted on because the chipped areas are smooth.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01