Intermittent Rain Sensing wipers

jspearin

Reaction score
Hi. I just picked up a 2013 Expedition limited which ive noticed has the rain sensing wipers but the switch for the wipers looks like the old fashioned intermittent switch for turning on wipers.

Neither the rain sensor nor the intermittent are working. Is there a way for me to reset the sensor or perhaps disable it and use the manual intermittent?

Id appreciate the help and suggestions.

Thanks
James

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi. I just picked up a 2013 Expedition limited which ive noticed has the rain sensing wipers but the switch for the wipers looks like the old fashioned intermittent switch for turning on wipers.

Neither the rain sensor nor the intermittent are working. Is there a way for me to reset the sensor or perhaps disable it and use the manual intermittent?

Id appreciate the help and suggestions.

Thanks
James

Read your vehicle owners manual - it should detail how to turn the feature on and off.

I have the Rainsense wipers and turned them off. The operated very poorly since the vehicle was new.

RanchKing

Reaction score
I had the exact same experience... drove around for weeks having to manually turn them on full blast whenever it rained and the multiple intermittent settings did nothing. I found that it was missing a sticky pad that sits between the sensor and the windshield... it looks like someone had replaced the windshield and forgot to add it. After installing it the auto sensing wipers worked perfectly.... just not the intermittent settings.

This is the pad that I used for my '13 King Ranch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R6QKW2M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Hope this resolves... it was that simple for me