Is anyone having good experiences with 22+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KetMalice

Reaction score
I’ve got 15k miles on my Timberline and it’s been nothing but trouble. There are service bulletins coming out with issues constantly. And it’s like fighting through hell to get Ford to actually do anything. Are other people having multiple issues?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean if you take a look at the Forum, there's quite a few articles of issues, everything from the hatch that has a retractable talon that somehow pierces through the roof, to fablet issues, to batteries dead within the first year, suspension, seeming a lot of things. as a casual observer, it definitely feels to me like the earlier years are a little better but then you run the risk of multiple phaser replacements, etc.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got 15k miles on my Timberline and it’s been nothing but trouble. There are service bulletins coming out with issues constantly. And it’s like fighting through hell to get Ford to actually do anything. Are other people having multiple issues?
It’s a forum. Very few people come here to praise how amazingly trouble free their vehicles are. Those that are not complaining typically are modified their vehicles.
As to your question, I know 3 people with 2022 expeditions with 4-8 months of ownership, they love them. Two don’t like how “rough” the suspension is but they didn’t get CCD and both have HD tow. One thinks the blue cruise is great when it works, but doesn’t like how limited it is compared to Tesla.
As for issues. I have probably been the most vocal of my group about the crap tires ford put on it and the vibration, I’ve gotten 3 sets in 7 months. The last set is night and day better.

Chromo

Reaction score
I have 15K on my 2022 Timberline and had a 2019 Platinum. The 2022 Timberline may be the best vehicle I have had, and am really very happy with the vehicle. No issues, great power, comfortable, and good fit and finish.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only problem I've had with our 22 so far is the bad tires (not round). Have snow tires/wheels on now, going to deal with the dealer and try to get new tires in a few months. Other than that, no problems.. (knock on wood)

Old Dog

Reaction score
No issues with my 2022 Platinum Max so far but I just bought it first of month.

Southpawhd

Reaction score
Just picked up my 22 XLT a few weeks ago. I do not see any immediate build quality issues. A few rattles over some bigger bumps, but nothing serious.

However, I am disspointed in a few things like no front parking sensors and no LED lamp around the headlights that I was under the impression it included. I should've bought the Timberline, but oh well.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no LED lamp around the headlights that I was under the impression it included.
I was under that impression as well. I know they only light up on Fords when you have the headlamps set to AUTO though. Maybe that's it?

I have had no issues with mine so far, except for a bad battery junction box when I first got it. Almost 7k miles now in 4 months.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just picked up my 22 XLT a few weeks ago. I do not see any immediate build quality issues. A few rattles over some bigger bumps, but nothing serious.

However, I am disspointed in a few things like no front parking sensors and no LED lamp around the headlights that I was under the impression it included. I should've bought the Timberline, but oh well.
The 22 XLT special edition package adds the parking sensors and signature lighting around the headlights. There was a time when parts were short and they stopped putting on the signature lights on them. Not sure if that is your case or not. Odds are you don't have the package since you didn't have the sensors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni