Is Approach Lighting & Auto Parking Brake Possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Av8r

Reaction score
I have done quite a few forscan mods to our 2019 expy, but was wondering if these two things would be possible thru forscan.

Approach lighting would be great to have. I believe the Lincoln Nav does this, surely it should be possible in the Expy.

And I don't think I've seen it mentioned before but would an "Auto Parking Brake" be possible? We used to have a 2017 Lexus NX and I really loved the auto parking brake that would activate every time you would put the vehicle in park, and decativate when selecting reverse or drive. I accidentally "tricked" our Expy to turn on the parking brake automaticly once by not having the brake pedal pushed in enough when switching to park in our driveway. So it's "possible" for the car to do it itself. That is just not going to be a good way to do it. I don't understand why this isn't an option, there is zero disadvantage to it.

Thanks

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have done quite a few forscan mods to our 2019 expy, but was wondering if these two things would be possible thru forscan.

Approach lighting would be great to have. I believe the Lincoln Nav does this, surely it should be possible in the Expy.

And I don't think I've seen it mentioned before but would an "Auto Parking Brake" be possible? We used to have a 2017 Lexus NX and I really loved the auto parking brake that would activate every time you would put the vehicle in park, and decativate when selecting reverse or drive. I accidentally "tricked" our Expy to turn on the parking brake automaticly once by not having the brake pedal pushed in enough when switching to park in our driveway. So it's "possible" for the car to do it itself. That is just not going to be a good way to do it. I don't understand why this isn't an option, there is zero disadvantage to it.

Thanks
Both in theory should be possible. I have honestly never scanned the modules in a 4th Gen Navi. So seeing if it has additional modules first, if it has the same number, some code comparison would need to be done, if the drop down option is not available in FORSCAN. Might hook up this weekend to the Wife's 2020 and see what I see. The annoying part is if I figure it out for our 2020, it is a good possibility it won't apply for your 2019, because it is most likely in the BCM, and there are differences between the 18/19 and 20 BCM. We will see.