Is it crazy to buy a 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope on the CCD suspension. I had my two rears leaking and had to switch out on my dime. 2k job (CDN). Also had to do a rear main seal, cam phasers, rear pinion seal 3 times (WTF) rear glass replaced because the defrost wires broke off. There's more, but you get the idea....
I don't think aggiegrad05 was saying that nothing ever goes wrong with the CCD suspension, but rather that problems reported are rare... unlike the standard suspension components.

CassRose47

Reaction score
Our 2018 Max Limited has almost 90K on it. The main things I have going on are:

- I have to occasionally reset the head unit since it will freeze - mostly when trying to connect CarPlay
- My tailgate button has started sticking so I have to manually put it down...inconvenient, not catastrophic
- My auto start/stop doesn't work. I was told it was a low battery, replaced the battery, still doesn't stay off at lights and will **** when re-starting. I just turn it off when I get in, but I plan on having it permanently disabled soon.

We may eventually get a new one to get the bench 2nd row, but we're keeping this one for now!

bring_em_on

Reaction score
Ended up getting a different, similar Limited yesterday. It's actually better optioned, 302a instead of 301a, and has the medium stone interior color that we like much better. Stone grey outside instead of black. Clean carfax as well, 5000 fewer miles and still $4200 less than the first one we were looking at. Not sure why. Same Ford gold certified warranty. Came in at $48,700. Was impressed with the salesman / dealer too. No pressure or fees up the a$$. Gave me just over what I expected on trade-in according to KBB.

I usually keep vehicles for 10 yrs or more and ended up adding on the FordProtect extended warranty as well out to 11yr/140,000 miles.
In this market, that’s actually not a bad deal. I was considering used but ended up getting a ‘21 limited instead. Dealer came in at a few grand under MSRP and gave me an ungodly amount for my trade. It was end of month/end of quarter so I am thinking they were short of their quota. Good luck with your ‘18.