Is it normal A/C performance ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Clean that condenser. Anything under 45 is good for a R134a system. Some get colder but some struggle to stay below 50.

Is this idling or sitting still at 1200-1500 RPM or rolling down the road at a constant 35-40 mph?

You need to get some gauges on it to see what the readings are.
I am guessing you are a little low on refrigerant. Does it cycle the clutch on and off ever? What about if you hold rpms in park at 1500? Does it cycle clutch?
If your low side is barely above the low side switch cut out which is about 22 psi it would be low enough to not cool its best but still keep compressor on all the time.

I never have worked in 117F temps so I would have to refer to charts. but in 85-95 temps the low side should not be over 40-42. 32-37 is good if it's cold and sweating a lot on the accumulator bottle and the low side line.
This is at 1200 rpms as the low side will be a good deal higher at idle.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Clean that condenser. Anything under 45 is good for a R134a system. Some get colder but some struggle to stay below 50.

Is this idling or sitting still at 1200-1500 RPM or rolling down the road at a constant 35-40 mph?

You need to get some gauges on it to see what the readings are.
I am guessing you are a little low on refrigerant. Does it cycle the clutch on and off ever? What about if you hold rpms in park at 1500? Does it cycle clutch?
If your low side is barely above the low side switch cut out which is about 22 psi it would be low enough to not cool its best but still keep compressor on all the time.

I never have worked in 117F temps so I would have to refer to charts. but in 85-95 temps the low side should not be over 40-42. 32-37 is good if it's cold and sweating a lot on the accumulator bottle and the low side line.
This is at 1200 rpms as the low side will be a good deal higher at idle.
There won't be much sweat, if any, in Saudi Arabia.

OP
OP
Mubarakma

Mubarakma

Reaction score
The high side pressure is a good indicator of how well the condenser is condensing the refrigerant. When there are issues the high side pressure can get extremely high.

One of our students forgot to turn on the condenser fan on the trainer he was using. The high side pressure was 450+, low side was climbing and hit 60+ when I shut it down. Needless to say it wasn't cooling very well.

Another thing to check is the drain. If it is clogged the evap will be covered in water and not cool well.
Thank you very much still I didn't do anything but today I tried something early morning while going to duty means highway driving what I did is I kept rear A/C off and I use cruise control to maintain 120 km/h "75 mph" for about 40 minutes at same speed and atmosphere temperature was 32 degrees Celsius "89.6 degrees Fahrenheit" temperature gauge reading was 40 F during whole highway driving and 44 F inside city so I got more cool during highway driving .
I suggest everyone who has temperature gauge to take a photo if A/C running with reference to atmosphere temperature .In my case it's clear for me that I have to look at cooling system from flush & replace coolant will try to make it 40/60 or 50/50 , Thermostat and radiator/condenser service and cleaning other than that everything is working well.
Thank you again
Regards

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4 degrees colder on highway with higher rpms and more airflow over condenser sounds about right and 44 is also cold ac.
Even in the old days of the 80s with R12, 42 - 45 degrees in the center duct with fan on high and engine speed at 1500 RPM was considered excellent performance and properly charged. Some did get colder than this but that was considered hitting the parameters that needed to be.
Also, I have seen many of these vehicles with rear AC systems that will perform better and get colder if you have the rear AC on at least on position 1 or 2 as opposed to it being turned off in the rear.
Without gauges it's hard to tell but it sounds like if anything you might only be 5-8 oz low of refrigerant.
I wouldn't really suspect the cooling system of the vehicle having a problem. You would be able to tell if the engine is running hotter from the temperature gauge on the dash and I have seen plenty of cars that were darn near overheating that still had an Ice Cold Air Conditioning.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When's the last time you change your cabin filter?
I'd also recommend having your windows tinted with the ceramic film it's amazing what that stuff does.

Dave-S

Reaction score
This may sound really smart-alec like, but is not intended to be... do you have split controls for your rear cabin on the back of the center console?

I raise this on the basis it happened to me just last month. My kid got cold and used the rear controller to turn the hot/cold knob to warm. I didnt know/realize it. I thought my AC was needing recharging for 2 weeks.

Joedirtyshirt

Reaction score
I have a 2017 was also disappointed in A/C performance , My 2004 Taurus made cooler air, I believe the system just is not big enough for this vehicle, and at this point in ownership it is the only thing I would complain about, I still am totally in LOVE WITH IT

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i always run the a/c in recirc mode to keep re-cooling the cabin air vice outside air.
You should run it on fresh air, until it starts to cool. Once the trapped hot air is out of the vehicle, switch to recirculate.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk