Is it worth it to install a remote starter in the 3rd gen models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We don't drive any of our vehicles until they are at operating temp. My '04 and '16 have OEM dealer installed remote start. I don't do anything aftermarket if I can help it.

silvio 2013 exped

Reaction score
akacolonel, I am in the process of installing FORTIN-ONE in my 2013. I cant seem to locate the parking light wire. Install guide says BCM is on driver side, mine is on passenger side and looks nothing like what is in the pic they provided. There MUST be a wire I can tap in to that is coming down the door frame on driver side I can use. Anyone happen to know what the color code for that wire might be? TIA !

akacolonel

Reaction score
I dug out my old instructions. My wire in pin 6 was violet/white. Connector was left of steering wheel under dash. Hope this helps.. fyi.. i have a 2014.. good luck!!

16056246390617310884750563524819.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually start and go as soon as it comes off high idle, seeing as you could eat out of the inside of my engine when I had it open for
the timing job and there was no excess wear on rockers or cams I’d say you are fine to start and go...the new oil pump helps too
:head3:

akacolonel

Reaction score
I believe the Fortin is made in canada. I kept instructions as i made notes on them for future reference. Im glad i put this on my truck. A few hours of labor and $140!!

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The "warm it up before you drive it" theory started back in the forties when they had the splash system where the rods had scoops on them. I see people warming their engines before driving them now and then but the oil pumps instantly provide oil to the entire engine. It's not like you are going to jump on the freeway in 2 minutes anyway. I have had 50+ vehicles, never warmed them first, and never had a problem.

Plati

Reaction score
The "warm it up before you drive it" theory started back in the forties when they had the splash system where the rods had scoops on them. I see people warming their engines before driving them now and then but the oil pumps instantly provide oil to the entire engine. It's not like you are going to jump on the freeway in 2 minutes anyway. I have had 50+ vehicles, never warmed them first, and never had a problem.
I always thought that warmup thing had to do with carburetors ... which are no more.
I wait for idle to slow with my 2014, the 2003 never did that. Its all good.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always thought that warmup thing had to do with carburetors ... which are no more.
I wait for idle to slow with my 2014, the 2003 never did that. Its all good.
That was probably part of it too but the choke was supposed to take care of that. As soon as it starts, I drop it in gear........no problems since my first car in the fifties. ('50 Merc)