Is my lane assist not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went to test-drive a 2021 XLT MAX today and the dealer let me take it home for an "extended test drive". Very nice of them. On the way home I noticed that I can cross over to the next lane on the highway and the car gives me no feedback. No audible signal, no tactile feedback through the steering wheel, nothing.

I then found a gently turning stretch of highway with no cars around me and let my hands off the steering wheel. The car just continued going straight, even though the road was turning and the lane markings were in very good shape.

I know that there is a button to turn lane assist on and off. I pressed it a couple of times and the display said "lane assist on" before I tried all of the above.

Is there some other setting I need to turn on? Or am I just misunderstanding lane assist? What is it supposed to do?

Thank you so much
George

This is one of those features, as you have seen, that requires a bit of set up. It’s good that you are sleuthing that out in pre-buy. THBS, this is one of the features I have on my ‘19 that I have turned off, along with the auto start/stop feature and auto high beams. The ACC is useful though.

The Chairman

Reaction score
I have this on my wife’s ‘19 Nautilus. Works great.
Have to set it up and activate cruse control. If you get a green steering wheel, it takes over speed, spacing and lane centering. Works all the way to a stop and takes off when the vehicle in front moves again. Have to touch the steering wheel every 15 seconds.
I use it all the time. Makes city or interstate driving less painful. Will never buy a car without it again.