Is this a fuse, need some help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Morning guys,

My 2004 EB with a 5.4 was running perfect until this AM. I don't use the truck too much so it sits a week or so most of the time.

Got in this AM, started it up, started perfectly and was idling perfect. Then I noticed;

No dashboard lights, no radio, no interior lights, I also believe no head or taillights. I don't think there is a fuse for all of those. I didn't have time to look so locked it back up and jumped into my 97 Expy and went on my way.

Just wanted to know where to start looking? Thanks!!

Brian

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could it be possible the radio, dome, dash are all on one fuse?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something you should check is a common occurrence fuse block melt down on the 2nd gen's.

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will put the cover off tonight. Do you know if 1 fuse would control those accessories? Thanks.

OP
OP
B

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Came home too late last night but pulled cover and poked in with my flashlight. I don't see any type of melt down so that is good. Too dark to start checking fuses so I will wait. I really don't see one fuse that does radio, dash and dome lights.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What it actually would be is a big fuse powering multiple circuits on the inside fuse panel from the engine bay fuse panel. Our 1999 Lincoln town car is like that, throughout about probably 6 maxi fuses from the engine bay they feed the 30 some fuses on the interior panel. SO check your manual and see if there is a big (30amp +) fuse that feeds the interior circuits.