1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by gordonf238, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Zig10

Zig10 Full Access Members

10,000 lbs, same as my Ram 1500. If the ride is anywhere near as impressive and the interior is the same level, the Wagoneer is probably my next SUV in the family...after the teething is done with the first couple of model years.

2. Fozzy

Fozzy Full Access Members

If it can do 10K it will also be on my list. Unless Ford drops another Excursion by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUWAGN and Lou Hamilton like this.
  3. lv2drive

lv2drive Full Access Members

don’t we all wish!

4. LokiWolf

LokiWolf Full Access Members

Remember the Grand Wagoneer is not meant to compete with the Expy especially in its higher trim, it is meant to go against the Navi, maybe the Platinum. The regular Wagoneer with the 5.7 is meant to go toe to toe with the regular Expy.

The 10K towing is useless. It is like the Durango, you can tow 8K, but can only have you and a passenger inside because of tongue weight, NOTHING else. My guess is that the Grand Wagoneer will be similar. If you tow close to max, you can carry NOTHING in the actual vehicle.

Just my thoughts. I liked the interior...and the 6.4 is a beast, but man is that thing going to guzzle some fuel, even unloaded.

DWs-TTEB, mwl001 and lv2drive like this.
  5. lv2drive

lv2drive Full Access Members

i’ll take the ‘22 expy hybrid any day over this, just saying.

Calidad, DWs-TTEB and LokiWolf like this.
  6. LokiWolf

Yep, I will probably order one as soon as they come available. I want that 7.2K built in generator. Done!

Lou Hamilton likes this.
  7. 5280tunage

5280tunage Full Access Members

I'd be a little on the fence for the first year, maybe two no matter what. I'm a die hard Jeep guy, had many of them and can never say enough good about their durability. A few models of mine had some reliability issues with certain parts, but once you got those known painful parts replaced with better aftermarket parts, they would go and go. But I quickly saw issues with models made after the Daimler relationship, when it became FCA. There were certain things that quickly eroded the desire for me to get a new one. But to me, FCA (sorry, Stellantis) would be nuts to destroy the brand too much, between that and RAM, that's all the value. I will say, the 5.7 and 6.4 are damn good engines. And both have MDS but yes, mileage will not be great. The 6.4 was amazing, having driven Power Wagons, it's torque was diesel-like. What I'd love to see is a factory supercharged (or turbo) 5.7 to try and get a little better MPG, especially at high altitude.

To me, the crazy part is just how "normal" it is for brands to be not only hitting, but far breaching the $100k mark. And I'm not talking about your normal luxury brands like BMW, Mercedes, etc. that have been there for years in some models. Soon we'll have 10yr car loans, even though many hardly last 5 yrs without butt loads of issues.

DWs-TTEB and LokiWolf like this.
  8. mwl001

mwl001 Full Access Members

I assume like you that if they build this the generator will be an option. I'm curious to see the clever way they integrate exterior access on an Expedition without a bed. Based on all the new engineering in the F150 I'm sure they'll figure it out but I have no idea how it will look.

LokiWolf likes this.
  9. LokiWolf

Yeah, I am sure they will. Hoping they put an external outlet, like next to the fuel door?

Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DWs-TTEB, lv2drive and Lou Hamilton like this.
  10. mwl001

mwl001 Full Access Members

Yeah that’s the most obviously logical idea, maybe opposite side of fuel door?

LokiWolf likes this.