Jingling sound coming from the front right tire assembly area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOTU

Reaction score
My truck is a 2007 Lincoln Navigator L, Triton 5.4L 3V. When I drive over a shallow pothole in the road, I hear a jingling sound that comes from the area of the right-side front tire. The sound lasts only a few seconds and sounds like a stack of thin fender washers being dropped like a stack of poker chips. I recall having the same issue with a 2005 Expedition before I sold it. When I go under the truck to investigate the sound, all of the components a tight and solid.
Has anyone here had this issue?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Could it be the tire pressure monitor transmitter loose and banging around in your tire? Or a loose brake pad or bad ball joint?

Jack up the tire and spin the wheel.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My truck is a 2007 Lincoln Navigator L, Triton 5.4L 3V. When I drive over a shallow pothole in the road, I hear a jingling sound that comes from the area of the right-side front tire. The sound lasts only a few seconds and sounds like a stack of thin fender washers being dropped like a stack of poker chips. I recall having the same issue with a 2005 Expedition before I sold it. When I go under the truck to investigate the sound, all of the components a tight and solid.
Has anyone here had this issue?

Sounds like a loose or defective sway bar bushing / link assembly (not a bad sway bar).

wk99

Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy but could be a loose wheel center cap, in addition to what everyone else said? Best of luck

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
Check the run out in the hub too. There is a set of washers and a lock ring that can go bad. However, my guess would be a bad sway bar bushing or a bad ball joint. (Top one most likely.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had caliper keepers create a jingle if they've broken.