Keep it or scrap it?

Recently purchased a '06 Eddie Bauer for $2500. $3000 engine work now needed

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proftomda

Reaction score
What more input are you looking for?? Folks have chimed in and basically said that it’s worth it in todays car market to have it repaired, provided the rest of the car is sound. I responded and said that the the repairs your car requires are normal for that generation expedition and it’s mileage. Not sure of repair cost because I do all my own work. If looking for parts list, I used new genuine Ford cam phasers, a Cloyes timing chain and guide kit, genuine Ford cast iron ratcheting tensioners and a Melling M360 high volume oil pump. If I were to do it again, I would replace the roller followers also for piece of mind. Purrs like a kitten.

Last edited:

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gotta be missing something here. HTH can one make a determination when you can't view the body your putting this 3K worth of rep[airs in?

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Poster said good interior 200,000 miles no rust, on first page
He did ! I missed it. Sorry. Were it me I'd figure this scarce used car deal and inflated price's won't last all that long. He's at the point where he imo is about to throw good money after bad. If it is a 4x4, he should be able to recoup most of his money parting it out or selling it to somebody with the ability to perform the needed repairs.