Keyless ignition failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crusty dad

Reaction score
Greetings. I have a 2017 Limited with keyless ignition that will not start. Was intermittent for a few days, and today will not start at all. The key fob battery is fine. Vehicle battery is fine. Brake light switch works and unlocks shifter. All electrical comes up fine, I press brake pedal, I hear shifter release solenoid click, then click(s) in engine compartment, then silent for couple seconds, then another click and then nothing. Thank you for any guidance you can offer.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Greetings. I have a 2017 Limited with keyless ignition that will not start. Was intermittent for a few days, and today will not start at all. The key fob battery is fine. Vehicle battery is fine. Brake light switch works and unlocks shifter. All electrical comes up fine, I press brake pedal, I hear shifter release solenoid click, then click(s) in engine compartment, then silent for couple seconds, then another click and then nothing. Thank you for any guidance you can offer.

Defective battery and/or corroded and/or loose battery terminal connectors.

MikeN

Reaction score
Having the same issue. I get a click when i push the start button.

I have a 2016 max Ltd. did you figure it out?