Keypad issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My keypad stopped working yesterday. It still lights up, but it looks like 1/3rd of the numbers are not lighting up all the way down the right side (so you can really only see the left 2/3rds of each #). It will occasionally unlock the doors if I keep entering the code, but pressing bottom 2 #'s doesn't lock the doors no matter how many times I try. Thoughts?

Eric_Hj

Reaction score
Hi,
Just Came across this old post and wondering if you made any headway with the problem. I am having a similar issue with my '17 EL XLT. My 1/2 button was not lighting up and the code I had programmed worked intermittently then not at all. The factory code from the body control module also stopped working. I replaced the door keypad with no results and now my car is at the local dealership where they have plugged it in and the factory code on the BCM has changed itself to 55555. My thoughts are that the car needs a new BCM but the dealership thinks they can reprogram the original one... We'll see how that works.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01