Larger Fuel Tank???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Warden

Reaction score
Had anyone ever purchased or installed a larger fuel tank on their Expy?? I have a 2019 XLT and when towing my 28’ camper, I have to stop too many times to fill up. Any suggestions?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a common complaint, theres simlly nk rolm to put a bigger tank on it. Maybe you can buy an auxiliary tank and configure it to refill the actual fuel tank of the truck.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will be removing the spare from my 04 4x4 Expy and mounting it on the bumper oar roof. There's any number of places to order a tank that will fit into the spot, between the frame rails, where the spare was.
I am thinking of getting mine from the manufacturers of tank for marine applications, as I expect them to be more durable.
and, yes, I would definitely want the tanks to fill each other, and to fill from one intake point.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, no. This one’s a “someday” project. Before this, i’ll do a tuner, front hitch, skids and sliders, roof rack/box, and exhaust.
Unless i win the lottery, in which case I’ll do it all this Saturday.

so far, I've done the tuner, wheels and tires. I've got the hitch, waiting to do the install.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool. I did happen to see at my ford dealer behind the parts desk is a company who does have larger tank installs and reprograms everything for you - they do up to 2 72 or 84 gallon tanks per vehicle i forget which. But I’d look into your dealer and ask and see what info you get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
see my post in the Aux Fuel Tank Discussion in 'After Market Add-Ons' started by kwyorman, Jul 13, 2015. I talk about a 42 gallon tank i think i can fit where my spare is now.