Largest Duratrac Tires (with no rubbing and on stock wheels) for Expedition Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_6209.JPG

These tires and stock wheels are approved by my 3 grandsons!! Ages 21..14 and 9. Claim I'll be the coolest old fart at the nursing home!!!

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Timberline coming in the next week.... Looking at the Toyo AT lll 295/70/18 or may go to 35's. Going to test fit my 17" 35x12.50s from my Raptor for initial fitment. Looking for a wide tire that handles sugar sand. My last Expy had 305's and was great.

jberzer

Reaction score
Anyone know for certain if the Timberline is leveled or if it has the same rake as a non Timberline where the front is about in inch lower than the rear. Trying preemptively determine whether a ReadyLIFT 3/2 will work on the Timberline.

If it turns out that I will be needed a new one, I will be adding the lift and 285/75 R18's on it (~35x11.5).
My timberline actually sits higher in the front 37.5” compared to 37” in the back with the vehicle empty. Only has 800 miles on it so not sure if it will settle out any more. I’m also looking for a lift and fit the biggest tires. As long as it drives close to stock as advised by the boss.

As per the other conversation. I will most likely go with duratracs, have driven many other types of tires and I found duratracs last the longest and best for the driving we do. Snow/ice/mud. I personally didn’t find much difference in noise levels between the KO2’s and duratracs. I just found the duratracs in my opinion were better in the winter and had a longer life.
I will be pulling a boat and possibly our travel trailer so the e-rated will help.

Last edited:

hdinmotion

Reaction score
I have a Timberline coming in the next week.... Looking at the Toyo AT lll 295/70/18 or may go to 35's. Going to test fit my 17" 35x12.50s from my Raptor for initial fitment. Looking for a wide tire that handles sugar sand. My last Expy had 305's and was great.
Did you end up putting one of those tire sizes? Any rubbing while offroading?

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you end up putting one of those tire sizes? Any rubbing while offroading?
Take a look at some of my earlier posts - I've been running 295-70-18 Recon Grapplers on stock wheels and suspension. Zero issues or rubbing. I have a Raptor and Rubicon Jeep so they are my off roading vehicles of choice - there is clearance with the 295's but I have not done a lot of tire stuffing flexing on the Expy.

badfish

Reaction score
I put 295/70/18 BFG KO2’s on mine this week. Everything stock, no rubbing.