Laws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Yep, $300+ seems to be the magic number for parking tickets around here. Speeding's a lot more, and your insurance gets surcharged for 40 months too.

Simply put, New York sucks unless you are on welfare. Then everything's free.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, $300+ seems to be the magic number for parking tickets around here. Speeding's a lot more, and your insurance gets surcharged for 40 months too.

Simply put, New York sucks unless you are on welfare. Then everything's free.

It's still better than VA. I got stopped for doing 21mph over on the interstate at 5AM on a Saturday. We were on our way to a hiking trail during vacation and there wasn't a soul out so I didn't really think about how fast I was driving. The officer said he was going to do me a favor and knock it down to 19mph over so he wouldn't have to arrest me. I laughed. Later I found out he wasn't kidding. It's a criminal offense to go 20+ over the limit in VA. That explained why everyone was crawling on the interstate when we first drove down to VA. :D

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's still better than VA. I got stopped for doing 21mph over on the interstate at 5AM on a Saturday. We were on our way to a hiking trail during vacation and there wasn't a soul out so I didn't really think about how fast I was driving. The officer said he was going to do me a favor and knock it down to 19mph over so he wouldn't have to arrest me. I laughed. Later I found out he wasn't kidding. It's a criminal offense to go 20+ over the limit in VA. That explained why everyone was crawling on the interstate when we first drove down to VA. :D
20 or more over the posted limit(or doing 80mph or higher) is reckless driving here, which can be released on a summons, but is not pre payable. I've heard of people doing close to 100mph and still getting realased on a summons for reckless driving. RD is technically a class 1 misdemeanor, but is still a traffic offense. The highest speed I've released someone on a summons was 107mph in a posted 55mph zone.......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HEARD ON THE POLICE SCANNER THE OTHER MORNING ABOUT TAILGATING DRIVER, WITH GREEN LITES IN FRONT. NJ. ONLY ALLOWS WHITE OR AMBER IN FRONT. COP SAID NOT ENOUGH REASON TO MAKE A STOP !!!! HOWS THAT FOR KNOWING THE LAWS ??????

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WINDOW TINT IN NJ. COPS EVEN HAVE THE POLICE CARS SO DARK YOU CAN NOT TELL IF SOMEONE IS INSIDE. SO MUCH FOR LAWS!!! STATE NEEDS TO GO OVER LAWS AND REMOVE HALF OF THEM. YEARS AGO BUDDY HAD A REALLY OLD CADDY SIDE WINDOWS HAD THE WHITE MILKY BETWEEN GLASS. FAILED INSP. WE CHECKED LAWS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE GLASS IN DOOR WINDOWS. REMOVED WENT BACK AND AFTER SHOWING THEM LAW, PASSED.