LEAKING SUNROOF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doodlebugs-93

Reaction score
hello everyone my name is Patrick, I need some help please, my 2002 EB expedition has the factory installed sunroof, and it leaks, I have checked the drain tubes, cleaned them all out and coming home from work 2/26/2021 it still leaks, does anybody else have the same issue with their factory sunroof? if so what did you use to stop it from leaking? I don't use my sunroof anyway so I can care less, I've even been thinking about getting some type of waterproof clear sealant to permanently seal it shut, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my 2000, there was a metal gutter that spanned the width of the sunroof and ran along the back side of the sunroof. It became unattached at some point and resulted in a pretty dramatic leak.

see if that’s your problem. It should attach to the sunroof mechanism and it slides back with the glass.

neogenesis

Reaction score
Sunroof leak Found- MUST watch if you have a leak!! Not always the drain tubes!

Ford tech all agree no water should be getting into the pan if the sunroof is completely closed.
Simple solution, the seal around the glass is old and contracts, allowing the water to seep past it.
Replace the seal and the leaks will stop.

Seal - Ford (5L1Z-7851884-AA)

Attachments

• sunroofseal.png
    sunroofseal.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
  • sunroofseal2.png
    sunroofseal2.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 4