Leather seat fading/wearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The drivers seat on my '15 is getting a bare spot from wear and age (90k miles)...

Anything special to fix it? I was thinking of re-dying it black, and some polish, then lots of buffing...

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The drivers seat on my '15 is getting a bare spot from wear and age (90k miles)...

Anything special to fix it? I was thinking of re-dying it black, and some polish, then lots of buffing...

I purchased leather cleaner and dye (kit) from this website for my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4: https://classicleatherdye.com/

The dye on the leather cover and vinyl (“Dune”) was wearing off.

The instructions were easy - and the re dying of the bare spots was very, very easy and I was pleased with the results.

The interior quality of the seat covering, on the up-level Limited model, is very poor.

The driver seat bottom cushion cover was replaced twice while under the new-car warranty (delivered new with the stitching coming apart and later the stitching in another area came apart).

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
AT 90K miles, most leather seats are pretty well shot. If the dye doesn't work out, just replace the seat cover bottom. They aren't too expensive. I paid $165 for the cushion on my '08.

07mustangman

Reaction score
Look up Sweet Project Cars on Youtube. He shows how to use lacquer thinner and spray paint to make the leather seats look new. It looks amazing and doesn't rub off.