LED Headlight Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBohn

Reaction score
So I just picked up a 2015 Expedition a couple weeks ago. I love the LED fog lights, but was annoyed that the headlights were halogen. Just seemed to look silly to me. I did some searching around and found JDM AStar LED headlight bulbs on amazon, for $59.99 plus shipping. They were simple plug and play. No different than changing out the halogens bulbs when they burn out. No ballast and extra wiring like with HID kits, and I find the beam pattern to be much closer to what a halogen produces than an HID. Including some pics for y'all to check out. Let me know what you think.

*Also note: After installing, the 'hot spot' of the beam had gone up some and I did readjust them properly. In the comparison photo of the LED and halogen, the camera doesn't show it well, but there is a defined cutoff line for the LED bulb.

VCzkHfP.jpg
8tlI9hj.jpg
ZJV2Niv.jpg
w8cS6HG.jpg
3jKS2cy.jpg

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was gifted a set of these and have been quite happy.
H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, SEALIGHT S1 Series 12x CSP Chips Low Beam/Fog Light Bulb- 6000LM 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KB7QX3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XkIMCb3H012BF

My hotspot was a touch high as well adjusted them down and they are great. Not as good as HID in my opinion but no ballasts to run or extra wiring and match the fogs spot on.

mschiap

Reaction score
Thank you for posting both these options!
Adding it to my to-do list (after wheels and shocks)

Michael Shepherd

Reaction score
OP
OP
MBohn

MBohn

Reaction score
I am guessing your Expedition does not have projector low beams? While Amazon showed this as compatible with my 17' limited, the base/socket is the incorrect size and the back of the assembly would have contacted the rubber weather seal as well.

Correct. I have reflector housings. The reflector takes an H11 bulb, not sure about the projectors. I was able to neatly tuck everything into the assembly and replace the dust cap. There’s a fair amount of space to tuck away all of the excess wiring.

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Getting me some LED headlights and fog lights, the factory on the 2014 are horrible at night.

cdahlen

Reaction score
Got h13 model for 2011. I have seen online both answers to which way the high beam diode should be, up or down. Anyone know the correct answer. The cover over the bulb area is open on the bottom