Led headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grover6

Reaction score
IS that what the purple means???

When mine are off while or cold they come on pinkish/purple for a second, then go blue, then get bright white. Takes about 5-6 seconds

If it is purple/pink all the time, then it is on it's way out. It is like a five minute warning for your light.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bro got me these drop in LEDs for Christmas and while no retrofit or factory HID or LED System them are certainly better than the halogens they replaced and match the factory fogs perfectly.
I do not have LED high beams.

H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, SEALIGHT S1 Series 12x CSP Chips Low Beam/Fog Light Bulb- 6000LM 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KB7QX3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PfzxCbRH9EW3S

The direct beam patern is slightly deeper than the halogen. But the halo pattern is nearly identical just white insetead of orangish. You can see some of my green tape markings for alignment.
View attachment 28692

Pretty happy with a gift drop in option that do fit behind the factory dust covers so no modifications needed.
Perfect, nope.
Blinding to others, nope.
Better than factory halogen, yup!!

Black - Does your 2016 have the projector style headlights or the reflector style? Thanks!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol.. A kensun typically wont ignite and if it does the warm up time won't touch anything from Osram.

Even ballasts from Osram take a few seconds but are significantly faster than anything aftermarket.

They all still take time to reach rated color and full intensity!

If they start noticeably pink or purple, they're about done either way

Fresh bulbs fire fast and fire up close to warmed up final color.

Eric B

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Expedition. I wanted leds because I flash mine for warning lights as well. I watched a video from Headlight Revolution. It helped. I ended up going with Super Nova leds. Big improvement. And I haven't been flashed because of my lights.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
If they start noticeably pink or purple, they're about done either way

Fresh bulbs fire fast and fire up close to warmed up final color.
I'm not arguing but it's not uncommon to see other colors during warm up. Seeing different colors after warm up is an issue

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I've posted this a couple of times... :) My sample of one (1).

I was very disappointed with the lighting on my 2017 Expedition and went the route of brighter halogens for about a year but still found my other cars all had better lighting. Local consultations lead me to believe LEDs were not going to make me happy as low beams but would be fine for high beams. Anyway, here's what's been on my truck the past few months. (I had these professionally installed so I had someone other than myself to blame if they didn't work out.)

2017 Ford Expedition Headlight Upgrade
19 October 2018
XLT Reflector light housings.

Low beams:
GTR Lighting H11B HID Bulbs (5000k)
35w CANBUS HID Ballast

High beams:
Supernova V.3 LED Headlights 9005/9145 Bulbs (5000k)

This is the low beam:
IMG_3863[1].JPG

-- Chuck

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed the Hikari LEDs from Amazon on Saturday. Great beam pattern on the projectors with cutoffs just like stock but farther reach. Even my wife commented on how much better the illumination is. Very happy so far. Concerned about longevity with these aftermarket bulbs so I keep the Sylvania's in the back with a nut driver in case I need to do a roadside swap.

Brian Burns

Reaction score
Reflector. That is why you get that halo outside the focused beam. No nice clean cut offs like projectors.

Hey Black! I have the Reflector housing as well and have been wanting to upgrade my lights without spending $1K dollars on Projector headlights.

Those don't blind other drivers when you're driving towards or behind them, do they?

Thanks!