Led light bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok . So where is everyone mounting their rocker switches on these trucks. I have an 05 Eddie. And I recently got a brush gaurd for it. (Freebie from work. It belongs on a 08 suburban but fits almost perfectly) I work for Ford at a dealership body shop. So anyway I mounted 2 7 inch light bars on top of the gaurd and 2 4 inch on the bottom of it. And I have a 3 gang rocker switch panel and want to know where people are mounting switches in their interior.

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you have to modify it at all to make it fit or did it just simply bolt up with ease I have a bull bar but I don't like the way it looks and since I have a second Expedition I'm going to move the bull bar on to that one so I can get a better one for mine.

I have 13 forward facing lights and rather than mounting any extra switches anywhere I ordered the pilot 4-channel wireless controller from Amazon so I can control them from quite far away or inside the truck and didn't have to run any wires through the firewall.

Five of the lights are on the roof mounted to a roof rack I had an audio shop run a cable from the engine bay to the roof and put a weatherproof connector under the rack so I can easily remove it if I need to what that cable goes back to the wireless controller so still nothing inside the cab.

IMG_20191108_181357.jpg

OP
OP
BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had to do minimal fab work. Where the upper and lower bumper seem together I had to cut the brush gaurd flat. Cuz that's where it originally bolted on to the mounts for the suburban. It was humped out so I just cuz it flat. And I drilled new holes at the bottom where I have the mounts now. And the mounts I used the chevy ones also and just cut some notches in them and welded them to my tow hooks.

OP
OP
BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I forgot after I welded it to them that I had some mounts laying around for a bull bar that I could've bolted it on at the tow hooks and then welded the mounts to it. But oh well.

MasterX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm actually working on modifying a raptor grill for an 08 f150 on to mine but I haven't worked on it for a little while that's why the grill is missing. I think I have figured out that I may have to remove the lights I put in the grill area and mount them elsewhere or just eliminate them if I want to actually use it but that's all I'm decided until it actually is capable of mounting properly.

when I say raptor grill I don't mean a black billet grille with the letters glued on either like the black one that is in Europe somewhere that there are pictures of online and he didn't even use the right letters they don't have the curved edges and are cheap knockoffs.

OP
OP
BrandonZ55

BrandonZ55

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Started making a switch panel box today. I shouldve taken pictures. I. Putting them where the ashtray used to be on some models. In the center console at the cigarette lighter. I removed that panel and am putting a 3 gang switch panel with 2 built in USB charges.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01