LEDs for High Beam/Low Beam/Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1000RR

1000RR

Reaction score
Can you provide a link for 9140 H11’s? Ive never heard of such a thing before. 9140’s are the same base as a HB3 or 9005 not h11 - h11 is about half the size base as that of an hb3/9005

Links in Post #1 are what to use on the Expedition. I've been running them on my 2020 for weeks now. Great improvement.

Post #10 above is what NOT to buy.

It really is that simple.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
Here is what I ended up buying from Amazon. Sealight Xenower X2 high/low beam set (so 4 bulb set). Sealight Xenower XF1 fog lights. Very happy with purchase. Low beams much brighter than the stock halogens, shoots wider which is what I wanted, no flickering on the DRL. I do notice a very faint flicker every once in awhile which another post mentioned so I anticipated it. Again, this was a very, very faint one time flicker (i.e. not continuous for even a second) and only happens every once in awhile so it didn't bother me.

My Expy is a 2019 XLT 4WD 202A package with manufacture date of Aug 2019.

Low beam stock HB3/9005 (OEM Sylvania Basic Halogen HB3/9005 12V60W)

High beam stock H9 (OEM Osram H9 12V/65W)

Fog stock H8 (OEM Philips H8 12V/35W)

Manual have different #s for low/high/fog and is wrong.

20210101_195708.jpg

20210101_195633.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-202857_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210101-202922_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20210101_195633.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea the manuals stopped being accurate around 2017 for bigger vehicles. I don’t know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnynewtown

Reaction score
Driving 2018 Limited. Just to be clear, the LED mod doesn't require any change in socket but just a bulb swap out?

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct thats for any vehicle. Granted you might have to disable bulb outage but other than that you’re good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molardog

Reaction score
Thought I'd share recent upgrade and make it easier for someone down the road...

Just replaced the high beam, low beam, and fogs with 6k (white) LEDs. WOW what a difference. Here's the links to what I purchased if anyone's interested, all from SEALIGHT. Cost me about $75 total (for all three) with some sales and such Amazon had. Install was EXTREMELY easy. Remove 2 screws from wheel liner under the wheel well/fender, peel back the liner slightly, reach in and pull rubber seal(s) off the rear, remove light(s), unplug, reverse the order and done. For the fogs, just poke your head underneath the front end (crawler helps) and unplug, remove light, and replace with new.

Low Beams: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KB7QX3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

High Beams: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KB8J98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fog Lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VZNXNFV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I ordered and installed this above setup and it works beautifully.....question about wiring: I just kinda stuffed everything up in the housing and out the dust cover back on. Is there any concern about the wires contacting the heat sink and damaging them?

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I ordered and installed this above setup and it works beautifully.....question about wiring: I just kinda stuffed everything up in the housing and out the dust cover back on. Is there any concern about the wires contacting the heat sink and damaging them?
There’s actually quite a bit of room around the bulb, inside the housing. You are correct, though, the heatsink will get hot. With decent coiling the wires around, inside the housing, I don’t think there is much concern.

sjcuth

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This thread has been really helpful, I've owned my 2018 Limited for a month and the headlights are just awful so they need switching to LEDs, however I'm finding it difficult to actually find H9 LED bulbs, the links above for the High Beam no longer works.
Any of the other manufactures I've looked at on amazon list an H11 as an H8/H9 equivalent, but based on what research I've done this is not the case at all.

Any assistance/direction would be greatly recieved.

Simon