Legal recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julio Walker

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for legal help in the San Antonio area. I bought a used CPO, which has been in the shop a lot with major problems. All have been fixed (so far), but I had to get new tires because of all 4 shocks being blown and alignment being out (Not sure how it passed the CPO inspection). While I was getting the new tires, the shop Pointed out they could see evidence of an accident. You can see the front and rear bumpers repainted (poorly), stuff not lined up properly and such (wheel wells covers, rear quarter panels and bumpers, hood, etc)
anyways, I’m looking to see if anyone can recommend a lawyer or legal assistance since the dealer has not responded to my request.
anyone has had any experience with an issue like this?
Thanks!
Christian

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for legal help in the San Antonio area. I bought a used CPO, which has been in the shop a lot with major problems. All have been fixed (so far), but I had to get new tires because of all 4 shocks being blown and alignment being out (Not sure how it passed the CPO inspection). While I was getting the new tires, the shop Pointed out they could see evidence of an accident. You can see the front and rear bumpers repainted (poorly), stuff not lined up properly and such (wheel wells covers, rear quarter panels and bumpers, hood, etc)
anyways, I’m looking to see if anyone can recommend a lawyer or legal assistance since the dealer has not responded to my request.
anyone has had any experience with an issue like this?
Thanks!
Christian
Did you not inspect the vehicle yourself before taking delivery? As a certified pre owned, there are only certain things they are required to make sure are in good working order. They won’t fix every little imperfection. When you signed the contract you agreed that you understood that it’s CPO, ppl are not required to report it was in an accident, and that you would be receiving the vehicle in its current condition. It’s gonna be hard to fight that battle over some tires and shocks

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you bought a USED vehicle and want legal help on its condition? I would think that's on the buyer for not inspecting properly before buying and accepting a used vehicle.

OP
OP
Julio Walker

Julio Walker

Reaction score
Did you not inspect the vehicle yourself before taking delivery? As a certified pre owned, there are only certain things they are required to make sure are in good working order. They won’t fix every little imperfection. When you signed the contract you agreed that you understood that it’s CPO, ppl are not required to report it was in an accident, and that you would be receiving the vehicle in its current condition. It’s gonna be hard to fight that battle over some tires and shocks
I’m not here to argue with you guys. If you don’t have any recommendation, then don’t comment...but everyone will comment anyways. The point is when I inspected the vehicle, none of it was evident as I crawled underneath and looked around it. It was presented “very clean” and it was not evident from just a thorough inspection. Should paint be fading on bumpers after a couple washes? Or rubbing off?
Also, if you read the Ford CPO 172 inspection checklist, they check for issues and either they passed, repaired or replaced. My point is there’s no way they did the inspection properly and have so many issues arise all within a couple weeks of buying it. Anyways, this is dealer fraud in Texas and just wanted to see if anyone here had any recommendations.
I took it to another ford dealer closer to my house to do some work and basically they refused to work on it because of so many issues, even though is under warranty. The service advisor (at dealer in San Antonio) said the south Texas dealers are known to drive vehicles close to the border and have them fixed it or do a cheap paint job, so they look great, but then stuff just falls apart.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The struts are known on this forum to fail after only a few thousand miles, so thats just a worn out part, no misuse, no neglect, no fraud. Anytime you change the struts you NEED to do an alignment because you disassembled the suspension and it always moves when you disassemble, so that also is normal.....

The bumpers on my brand new 2018 Expedition never matched the color of the body paint. Again, that's a KNOWN issue, but I can't comment on if yours was repainted or if its just the poor factory paint match....

Read on here, and you will see a lot of people reporting the same minor issues as yours and they are pretty common around here.

OP
OP
Julio Walker

Julio Walker

Reaction score
The struts are known on this forum to fail after only a few thousand miles, so thats just a worn out part, no misuse, no neglect, no fraud. Anytime you change the struts you NEED to do an alignment because you disassembled the suspension and it always moves when you disassemble, so that also is normal.....

The bumpers on my brand new 2018 Expedition never matched the color of the body paint. Again, that's a KNOWN issue, but I can't comment on if yours was repainted or if its just the poor factory paint match....

Read on here, and you will see a lot of people reporting the same minor issues as yours and they are pretty common around here.
Thanks for the info! The bumpers have paint streaks if you look at an angle.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you spoken to the dealer who sold it to you? I would think that is step #1.

#2 would be to escalate it through Ford.

And a calm, reasoned approach will work better than an angry accusatory one.

Maybe it was caused by a bad employee or two and the owner was unaware. I know, long shot. But allowing for that possibility might give them a way out and give you resolution.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spent a few minutes looking at Bexar County civil cases filings where car dealerships, repair shops, body shops as the defendant and saw this name several times, so would say this is his specialty area.

Robert Dabaghian
8207 Callaghan Road #250 in San Antonio
210-366-2400