Legal recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look on avvo.com for an attorney in your area that deals in that. I’d try free avenues first though and document what is said. Try for email or at least texts. Contacting ford is worth a shot too.

a cpo most certainly should disclose accident damage, I be a little surprised if a vehicle could have that and qualify as cpo. Banks loan more on those because of the inspection. It’s marketing for sure, but still has to have a modicum of basis.

I think people are getting a little out here in blasting the guy. Not everyone is a pro mechanic or body guy. If you aren’t skilled up in this, an inspection is money well spent on a purchase. A cpo is supposed to be just that.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a CPO CTS years ago and point-blank asked if it had been in an accident. The dealer said "no". It was raining the day I took delivery so paint inspection was difficult. First time I washed it I noticed that one of the doors had an odd sheen to it. Buffed it down and found body filler (obvious) along the bottom. Then some other panels on the same side looked off. Coincidentally, as I was going through the glovebox, stuffed in the back of the manual was an invoice from one of GMs body repair teams indicating 5 panels repaired.

Took it all back to the dealer, got an extra chunk of money off of the car and they refinished the entire passengers side of the car... correctly, this time.

Start with the dealer directly. If you don't get anywhere, then try a lawyer.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Certified Pre Owned, translation - It was bought new and serviced at the dealer, it's being sold from. Most likely an ex-lease, dealer loaner, or dealership/company vehicle.

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you spoken to the dealer who sold it to you? I would think that is step #1.

#2 would be to escalate it through Ford.

And a calm, reasoned approach will work better than an angry accusatory one.

Maybe it was caused by a bad employee or two and the owner was unaware. I know, long shot. But allowing for that possibility might give them a way out and give you resolution.
He said in the OP that the dealer has not responded.

OP
OP
Julio Walker

Julio Walker

Reaction score
I bought a CPO CTS years ago and point-blank asked if it had been in an accident. The dealer said "no". It was raining the day I took delivery so paint inspection was difficult. First time I washed it I noticed that one of the doors had an odd sheen to it. Buffed it down and found body filler (obvious) along the bottom. Then some other panels on the same side looked off. Coincidentally, as I was going through the glovebox, stuffed in the back of the manual was an invoice from one of GMs body repair teams indicating 5 panels repaired.

Took it all back to the dealer, got an extra chunk of money off of the car and they refinished the entire passengers side of the car... correctly, this time.

Start with the dealer directly. If you don't get anywhere, then try a lawyer.
similar here...except the dealer keeps saying they will make things right, talk to the GM, but haven't replied back in a few weeks. I asked them to call me and haven't. I have been super nice and calm....I know I will have repairs for the issues expy's are known for, but I'm concerned for the damage in the front and back...and how poorly it was repaired and painted.
thank you for the insight