Let's See Those Lifted / Big Tire Gen 4s!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No support yet. I do not mind the spedo off as long as you remind yourself it reads slower than you are actually going.
In the long run you will have a lower odometer reading for same miles driven as if you had stock tires.
Do you monitor your mileage? How much of a change did you see in the MPG? I went to slightly bigger tires and saw a dramatic decrease (1-2 mpg). I don’t think it’s right, though, but haven’t done an actual calculation.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
295/70 R18 Toyo Rt Trail on stock Timberline rims and suspension. Didn't have to trim or move anything. Haven't noted any rubbing with normal driving. Thank you to earlier posters with their setups.
Wow, I don't think I ever paid too much attention to the stock timberline rims but those look really good. I'm happy with my selection because it matches my paint better but if I'd gone with my other options of a black or white Expedition, those would be my choice. Looks great!

leirej

Reaction score
Do you monitor your mileage? How much of a change did you see in the MPG? I went to slightly bigger tires and saw a dramatic decrease (1-2 mpg). I don’t think it’s right, though, but haven’t done an actual calculation.
Im seeing about a 2 mpg decrease. I'm thinking it's because of the speedo not being accurate. I was able to recalibrate it this morning through forscan so we'll see if it gets better but i doubt it will improve by much. I'll do a hand calculation on the next full tank.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im seeing about a 2 mpg decrease. I'm thinking it's because of the speedo not being accurate. I was able to recalibrate it this morning through forscan so we'll see if it gets better but i doubt it will improve by much. I'll do a hand calculation on the next full tank.
Agreed. Bigger tires you travel further per rpm so while no doubt there is a decrease in mpg due to heavier wider tires I do not think the mpg loss is as great as it says.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will definitely lose some mpg to rolling resistance. When I did my swap. the tires were slightly taller, slightly narrower and the whole package was much lighter (22" wheels to 18" wheels) as I weighed them both. On paper that should have resulted in higher mpg but I still lost mpg. Presumably due to AT tire not having as good of rolling resistance even with calculating the slight difference in circumference.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That always looks so much better. Wish they hadn't encased chrome inside the headlights.

litaz1

Reaction score
Finally swapped the factory 22s (285/45r22) for 18s from KMC with 35mm offset. I've always had good luck with Nitto Ridge Grapplers, so that's what I wrapped them in.

New tires are 275/70r18 (33") and fit great with no rubbing.

Chrome delete is up next for the weekend project.
That looks awesome!

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you paint your decals black?
If you are talking about the raised lettering, they come that way from the factory on the Stealth package. However, somehow stealth still meant a chrome beltline. Stupid.