Leveling Kit...dumb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a dumb question, other than appearance is there any benefit to a leveling kit?

My hubby prefers to keep our cars stock but we have added modifications to our '15 Mustang GT. I like to personalize my cars and not sure about the leveling kit. May I ask if anyone has done it and are there any regrets?

We may have to add a Ranch Hand due to frequent trips to the cabin. But as you know there isn't anything out there for the 2018 Expedition's yet. Heck, I saw 1 option for all weather floor mats.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure.

A lifted front means crap on the road (or lack thereof) isnt as likely to hit you.

Less nicks on the bumper, less chance of taking out something pricier or more important like a radiator etc.

And yeah it happens.... I've had a fallen tree branch in the dark take out a piece lower bumper cover and crack a foglight with a 3" lift --- on a car that wouldve definitely gone through the radiator, maybe on an unlifted truck too...

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would You want to lift a vehicle that is an SUV tht looks like a glorified minivan? I doubt any company will make a leveling kit for an 18, especially since only 2-3 companies make them for 16-17s. That vehicle would look like a joke! See below..
View attachment 23169

Having owned a 2011 Honda Odyssey - I have to say you are so off base. The Expedition is more spacious, higher ground clearance (isn’t your stock Expedition lower than mine?) not counting doors, dash, towing capacity, storage room and that’s just for starters. I appreciate your opinion but I have to say your hate is shining through.

Having owned one before owning 2 Explorers, your reference is lacking correct information. The Explorer would have been a closer reference. Then I would have questioned you further. Again, appreciate your opinion but you are thinking oranges and apples. I’ll just leave it there.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
GE2orNg.jpg

♂️

Too lazy to fix, but that is a facepalm!!

Last edited: