Lift and tires. Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael McC

Reaction score
Posting my lift on 2016 4x4, FYI. Traxda makes a 2.25" rear, 2.75" front lift. I did not want it "leveled". I do a lot of towing. Don't want to shine in people's eyes.

For no extra cost, Traxda sent my shop a custom 2.25" lift for all 4 corners. I put BFG A/T T/A KO2's, 275/60/20 on. One inch taller tire. Total chassis elevation of 2.75". Just right for me.

IMG_5864.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting my lift on 2016 4x4, FYI. Traxda makes a 2.25" rear, 2.75" front lift. I did not want it "leveled". I do a lot of towing. Don't want to shine in people's eyes.

For no extra cost, Traxda sent my shop a custom 2.25" lift for all 4 corners. I put BFG A/T T/A KO2's, 275/60/20 on. One inch taller tire. Total chassis elevation of 2.75". Just right for me.
That looks great Michael. I am still looking to do a lift but I don't think I want to go that high. Did you have to move or extend the brake lines for your lift? Did your mileage change at all?

Michael McC

Reaction score
I dropped it off and picked it up, so I'm not sure, but I don't think anything needs to be moved with this lift. Needs alignment and especially toe correction.

I've only burned one tank, but I'm guessing that my highway mileage dropped a bit when going over 65. I reset the computer (which reads about 7% better than what I calculate with gallons filled over miles traveled) at the beginning of the week. I got 17 or so at first, but when I got on the open roads doing 70, with no traffic (no wind break ahead of me) it dropped to 15. I don't think it used to be that bad. Pushing a lot more air now. Mileage really drops off at 80-85 on this vehicle (and yes, we have roads around Austin and in West Texas with those speed limits). I expected better.

Important thing with the lift is I won't get high centered in the ruts when the sand is soft at the beach.

Patsfan4lif

Reaction score
Has anyone every ordered and used custom Fox or King shocks for an expo? Anyone have a Rise lift for sale? Thanks, Jack
Probably should ask that question on F150 forum. I know that some f150 front suspension parts will fit expeditions but I doubt anyone hear has put something like those on an Ex. I know SEMA had a 2018 they outfitted with a set of icon coilovers from an f150. But unless your doing extreme off-roading then a quality set of spacers would suffice for most ppl, such as myself. Plus,king and fox are wayyyyy to $$$

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably should ask that question on F150 forum. I know that some f150 front suspension parts will fit expeditions but I doubt anyone hear has put something like those on an Ex. I know SEMA had a 2018 they outfitted with a set of icon coilovers from an f150. But unless your doing extreme off-roading then a quality set of spacers would suffice for most ppl, such as myself. Plus,king and fox are wayyyyy to $$$

Not sure if they're modding it for further badassery or just hating on the ride, but fyi.... there's an absolute GLUT of barely-used/takeoff stock F150 Raptor suspension sets --- sometimes just front coilovers, sometimes all shocks, sometimes all elements including all the control arms etc. --- on the used market like Craigslist etc.

Prices vary from attempts to get top dollar to $300ish bargains

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 21558 View attachment 21559 View attachment 21560 View attachment 21561 View attachment 21562 Ok swap done. After now driving on the Toyo Open Country A/Tii Extreme's for 400 miles then to the C/T's here's my impression.

The C/T's are:

1. a few decibels quieter but still louder than the Hankooks which gives it more of a "truck" feel which I don't mind.

2. smoother and slightly more responsive at higher speeds. The A/Tii's swam a tad bit at excessive speeds.

Not to say the A/Tii's are a poor tire b/c I feel they handled great and drove very well at high speeds in the rain.

I also prefer the lug design on the C/T with its 2-lug center vs. 3.
That’s a really good looking truck. I think I might look for a 16-17 for myself after the new year for my personal work truck. I drive a 2008 4Runner that is in great shape but is so small. I love my wife’s 18 but she is not fond of me using it!!!

ChrisRCNY

Reaction score
I got 275/70R18 Goodyear Duratrac's on f150 alloy wheels. Very meaty, with deep tread. Excellent snow traction thus far. Readylift quick struts all around.

IMG_20181110_165216.jpg