Lift gate button removal for 2010 Expedition Exp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akoldnav49

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the button out and I am becoming stumped. Can anyone tell me the best way to get the button out and replaced. This is my first post here and thanks in advonce.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the button out and I am becoming stumped. Can anyone tell me the best way to get the button out and replaced. This is my first post here and thanks in advonce.

Front or rear button?

OP
OP
A

akoldnav49

Reaction score
It is the rear button. I see the two small screws near the button but I don't know if that will remove the cover or not. If the interior panel needs to be removed, is that just snaps or something else. I have been looking but I can't tell and breaking pieces is expensive.

OP
OP
A

akoldnav49

Reaction score
Front or rear button?
For anyone that might in the future have this problem I figured it out. First loosen the liftgate interior plastic. The handle is held on by two nuts 11 mm accessed from inside the liftgate. Remove rhe four small screws that hold the cover in place 7 mm that allowing the switch to be removed and replaced. The replacement switch actually snaps in from the top. Good luck I thought the job was a pain in the rear.

hoange

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expedition and having similar issue. The button works but it gets stuck after pressing it. I have to hit next to the button with my fist and it pops out. Is there any info on how to open the lift gate panel to fix or replace the button? TIA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360