Lifter noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Stephan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the lash adjusters cant hold pressure, only remedy is replacement. Identifying just one bad one is difficult without removing all of them.

Typically its roller followers that fail. They can click and sound like a ticky lifter. They can sometimes be visually identifiable but still the only way to check is removal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used that Liqui Moly additive in my wife's BMW and it actually worked really well to quiet the lifters on cold start and once warmed up too. I was surprised, it worked as advertised. I just throw a can in there with every oil change. Really I think the issue with her car is lack of use. She only drives it about once a week. There might be other additives that might help, but this is the only one I've used with success.

https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-H...XG2VE4G9NR4&psc=1&refRID=HQEBED5X4XG2VE4G9NR4

71ssQ1%2BgLIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Liqui-Moly has some very good products in the market for gas and diesel applications. Used internationally