Lightning Supercharger Swap in an '04 Expy write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98RedExp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, I have 4WD. It would be alot easier it sounds to just get the entire engine setup with the SC and all the stuffs and just drop it in. I am also assuming my XFER case won't bolt up to the lightning trans, right?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yea, I have 4WD. It would be alot easier it sounds to just get the entire engine setup with the SC and all the stuffs and just drop it in. I am also assuming my XFER case won't bolt up to the lightning trans, right?

If you have the 4r100 it should. Same tranny but the internals are different. Lightning uses stronger internal components for the increased torque.

But you do need to use your stock pcm with the 4wd.

dairyair302

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im collecting parts for this swap right now but doing a m122 off a gt500, the only part that im not 100% sure I need is the lightning alt bracket. do u have an oe ford # for it by chance?

I already have the kb 2.1l but idk if the alt was relocated as far as in or out more, from the swap pics u have posted it looks as if mine is in the exact same location.
that's the last piece of my puzzle other that sourcing intake mani bolts and pulley bridge bolts, the guy u have listed in the build is no longer around and his phone # has been changed.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
This is the number on mine: 1L3V-10153-AA

You know you need to get adapter plate for the M122 correct?

It has significantly more potential than the M112 but your Kenne bell should still perform better.

Mike actually passed away this past year. :(
So his business is no more.

dairyair302

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2.1 is non intercooled and almost instantly heat soaks at 10psi.
Im in the process of buying the adapter plate right now from the guy who designed them.
Thanks for the part #!
Thats too bad he passed away :-(
Looks like I will be about 2k for this entire swap! Not including my labor and the dyno time. Gunna start I build thread in august for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Well... dammit!

Now I need to upgrade mine! lol....

dairyair302

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The adapter plate is only 575$ and the m122 u can get for 300-700$ thats why im not gunna bother with the m112

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk