Limited - Ambient Lighting Not Showing in Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No Ambient lighting setting in the Sync Settings menu in our new 2020 Limited. According to Ford’s website all Limited should have it.

2 Questions:

1). Anybody with a 4th Gen Limited that is also missing Ambient Lighting?

2). Anybody else ran in to this and found a fix if it was just a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found It! In a COMPLETELY different place than my 4 other Fords with it.

No color option either. That make me sad, but at least some light in the floors now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@bushpilot mentioned something similar in post 287 of this thread.
https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...the-latest-sync-3-4.42507/page-29#post-392257
He also has a 2020. My 2019 has the ability to change colors and dim. It would be nice to know if it is model year related or if it is related to sync 3.4.

The 2020’s have 3.4 from the factory. I upgraded mine from 19200 to 20021 today with no change.

Have you upgraded to 3.4? Would be curious if the setting remains.

Looks like I will be digging in to FORSCAN a bit on this new one later this week.

Wife has 3 12’s over the next 3 days, so it will have to wait until the weekend.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theres a known issue with the 2020 navs where the early builds didnt have the option in the sync hardware, but a quick download from the dealer put it back on. Maybe its the same with yours. They should all have colored ambient lighting, not jus blue colored lights.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Theres a known issue with the 2020 navs where the early builds didnt have the option in the sync hardware, but a quick download from the dealer put it back on. Maybe its the same with yours. They should all have colored ambient lighting, not jus blue colored lights.

Well that is nice to know! If the dealer can fix it, I can with FORSCAN!

Plus there are a few more tweaks I want to do.

Thanks for the info! Good to know.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2020’s have 3.4 from the factory. I upgraded mine from 19200 to 20021 today with no change.

Have you upgraded to 3.4? Would be curious if the setting remains.

Looks like I will be digging in to FORSCAN a bit on this new one later this week.

Wife has 3 12’s over the next 3 days, so it will have to wait until the weekend.

I have not updated to 3.4.