Limited Halogen to Platium LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdibleDegree

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited Max that I want to swap the headlights on. I would like to swap the limited Halogen lights for the OEM platium LED lights. Does anyone know if this is possible or what all it would entail?
Thanks

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
too much trouble for a mediocre light. Just swap the bulbs, lots of guys here have done it, they'll chime in!

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you recommend any LED bulbs that would work and be bright?

There are about a dozen threads on this very topic already. I’d suggest searching for a few of them and reading through them as a lot of folks have gone through a lot of grief (and come up with a lot of solutions) to achieve the same thing you’re looking for.

OP
OP
E

EdibleDegree

Reaction score
I bought these on Amazon back in 2019 and they are still going strong. You need to trim the tabs to fit the socket. I also bought the bigger rubber cover for better airflow.
KATANA 9005 HB3 LED Bulbs - CREE Chips w/Adjustable Beam Design - 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2 Halogen Replacement

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0722GS9PL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J6614JR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When you say "trim the tabs"? What do you mean. I have expierenced some of that but if you trim the tabs then whats going to hold the bulb in the socket? How much do you trim it?

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you say "trim the tabs"? What do you mean. I have expierenced some of that but if you trim the tabs then whats going to hold the bulb in the socket? How much do you trim it?

There are 3 tabs from the bulb and they are too wide to fit in the housing socket. I just trimmed them a little using dremel tool and the bulb fit right in.

Goclmbmnt

Reaction score
I converted to the factory LED. Kinda pricey but oh so worth it, at least in my opinion. There’s a thread on it but the short version is you’ll need to source the housings (found mine used on eBay and saved a grundle) and a wiring conversion kit.