Lincoln emblem on 2020 Platinum engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Excellent question! Let me do some research and ask those who know the HO motor backwards and forwards.

I would be able to tell with a FORSCAN scan and vehicle detail report...but guessing @BrianF doesn’t have FORSCAN and an adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is nothing external to easily tell based on physical attributes based on my sources.

A FORSCAN scan would give me the data I would need to confirm one way or the other. As would a scan with a HP Tuners MPVI2. Dang, wished I closer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

battalion3

Reaction score
Check the serial number of the engine. Take that number to any Ford Dealer and they can tell you what version of the 3.5L is in your Expy.
Yes there are different versions of this engine as there are different versions of the 2.7L turbo and 3.0L turbo.
If any of you actually worked at Ford you would know that engines are line set to the frame and installed before any portion of the body. So yes line set issues do occur, and at 45-60 sec station times, easily missed by anyone in the process.
Not making excuses but this happens at every auto or truck assembly plant. At every manufacturer foreign or domestic. This is a fact that human error happens.
When found these vehicles are sent to offline repair and it is there that something as simple as the wrong engine cover gets put on a vehicle.
The Expy and Navigator are built at Kentucky Truck on the same line.
When processing 500-700 vehicles a shift an unfortunate mistake can happen.
Again find the serial number of the engine and take it to a Ford Dealer who can look up and solve your questions.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'm sure there's some guy with a Navigator and Expedition engine -- and hasn't got a clue. :)

Decades ago my brother worked on the crankshaft line at the Cleveland Ford Engine plant every half dozen cranks were the HiPo version and many of these ended up in normal 289 engines.

And also decades ago I watched a just introduced car being offloaded from an auto carrier. Was trimmed Dodge on one side and Plymouth on the other. Car was quickly pushed "around back" and covered with a tarp. QC fail.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changing gear slightly - what is the Expy Platinum supposed to have on the engine? I don't think ours has anything - just the bare valve covers. Is there supposed to be a cover? Should I demand one from the dealer?

2020 Expy Platinum, ordered July 2020, delivered October 2020.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changing gear slightly - what is the Expy Platinum supposed to have on the engine? I don't think ours has anything - just the bare valve covers. Is there supposed to be a cover? Should I demand one from the dealer?

2020 Expy Platinum, ordered July 2020, delivered October 2020.

Yes, it should have a rigid foam Ford engine cover on it.

Also, to @battalion3 - I don't think anyone here is arguing mistakes don't happen, but with half a dozen QC checks along the way, someone should have noticed something was wrong. Especially once it was checked in and received at a dealer. And again, with every single part being logged as it's used (or at least they are supposed to be for supply chain and safety reasons, like recalls), it should have been caught along the way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes