Lincoln emblem on 2020 Platinum engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
In 1956-57 the Ford Y block had 'Thunderbird' valve covers. My grandfather had them on his Ford and it was not a Thunderbird. However interesting this is, it's wrong and should be fixed. To me, if I was thinking about buying it used, I would have reservations and questions. I drove a 2020 Platinum. I thought it was 450hp(the same as the Navigator?) I own a Lincoln with the 32V INTECH. It has 50hp less than the Ford Mustang Corbra version. I also owned a Town Car. Some of them, supposedly had the P71 cop tune on them. Mine ran like it did. It was fast and ran unusually well. Have the dealer order the correct part.

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In 1956-57 the Ford Y block had 'Thunderbird' valve covers. My grandfather had them on his Ford and it was not a Thunderbird. However interesting this is, it's wrong and should be fixed. To me, if I was thinking about buying it used, I would have reservations and questions. I drove a 2020 Platinum. I thought it was 450hp(the same as the Navigator?) I own a Lincoln with the 32V INTECH. It has 50hp less than the Ford Mustang Corbra version. I also owned a Town Car. Some of them, supposedly had the P71 cop tune on them. Mine ran like it did. It was fast and ran unusually well. Have the dealer order the correct part.

LOL, Holy random tangent.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I could see them putting in or on a Lincoln part or engine to keep the line going. Nobody is going to complain about that, the other way they would of course.

It’s a strange time for certain and shortages seem to be the norm, so I wouldn’t rule out that playing a role.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As a loaner right now, I'm driving a 2021 F150 that had 8 miles on it when I got it, it doesn't have one either, and I'll tell you, the top of that engine doesn't look anything like ours and it's ugly as hell. You can tell that it should have a cover, you can see the posts where it would screw onto.