List of expensive repairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aps630

Reaction score
Hello all. 2019 expedition owner and we love this vehicle. This being our first truck, turbo, and Ford I have no idea what to expect in terms of repairs. We tend to keep our vehicles a long time (10+ years). On top of that the extended warranty here in Canada is horribly expensive.

Looking for owners to post what kind of repairs you’ve had done and how many miles you had when it occurred. If you haven’t had any issues would like to hear about that too.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No issues at all here aside from a cracked tail light. No idea how it happened... Discovered it after cleaning winter grime off w/hose beginning of winter.

~$1100USD part w/housing, LEDs, wires all in one deal, etc!
$100 insurance damage deductible for that one, thankfully.

Happy Camper so far here...

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All of these are assuming out of warranty -

A lot of folks have had issues with their retractable steps. Once they are out of warranty, we've seen prices greater than $2K to fix/replace motors etc.
Headlight and taillight assembles over $1K each.
Sunroof/moonroof issues over $2K.
Failed front camera washer sprayer (barfing fluid on the ground) - $300+
Rear window defrost electrical connectors falling off of glass - greater than $1K to replace glass if other repairs don't work.
Shocks and/or struts going bad quickly/leaking fluid - seems to be anywhere from $1K to $2500 depending on how many fail.

Just a few I have read about here or experienced myself.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'18 W/20K miles here and the only issue is the occasional wonkie mirror issue much discussed in other threads. Otherwise completely trouble free.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In terms of known issues, the cam phasers for 4/2019 and earlier builds seems common, as do drivers side turbo rattle for all. Only issues I have had with mine was hitting a deer, had the media bin replaced because the door wouldn’t stay open, and my driver side retractible step was squeaking. 2019 Max Platinum, built 8/2019.

Randy_270

Reaction score
05/18 build date, 27500 miles. No major repairs so far but lots of little things. Block heater not working, rear axle seal, security alarm would go off when I locked the doors, auto dimming rear view mirror failed causing my reverse lights to not work and the USB chargers in the center console failed, and my power running boards also will need to be lubed soon.

OP
OP
A

Aps630

Reaction score
So far sounds like the cam phaser issue is the one to worry about. Drop and swap parts replacements are usually easier to deal with. Wouldnt the cam phaser issue appear in other applications of this engine eg. in the trucks too?

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far sounds like the cam phaser issue is the one to worry about. Drop and swap parts replacements are usually easier to deal with. Wouldnt the cam phaser issue appear in other applications of this engine eg. in the trucks too?

Cam phasers are across every 3.5 Ecoboost. Expedition, Navigator, F150, Raptor...

They are covered under warranty, but supposedly also it doesn’t hurt anything. There are plenty of videos out there that detail the issue. I also posted a link around here somewhere.