Lock/Unlock gone from FordPass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is kinda ironic... last weekend I had the lock/unlock buttons and the remote start was gone... and now it's the opposite as I have only the remote start button.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
Mine is gone too except for the start/stop button. Android. SEVERELY disappointed if this isn't just a temporary glitch in the matrix. I almost exclusively use this function.

OP
OP
J

Jkpinatl

Reaction score
I think it goes beyond just voicing displeasure about this feature being removed. They need to fix it.
We spent on money a car that had this feature, I don't think they can just take it away. Hopefully this is a temporary glitch. Not to push an analogy too far, but what if they removed Android Auto through an update? Or adaptive cruise control? I realize they're not going to do that, but I I think it's very much the same thing. It's a feature we bought when we bought our vehicle.

Hopefully just a glitch that will be fixed soon.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it goes beyond just voicing displeasure about this feature being removed. They need to fix it.
We spent on money a car that had this feature, I don't think they can just take it away. Hopefully this is a temporary glitch. Not to push an analogy too far, but what if they removed Android Auto through an update? Or adaptive cruise control? I realize they're not going to do that, but I I think it's very much the same thing. It's a feature we bought when we bought our vehicle.

Hopefully just a glitch that will be fixed soon.

Guys. They’re. Not. Taking. It. Away.

It’s a glitch. I know it’s annoying but it’ll get fixed.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While we are talking about this app, I’m curious if the Ford version does this .... the Lincoln one logs me out fairly often and it’s annoying as hell. Even with my fingerprint registered to log in it will often require the actual password, which I have made impossible to remember, so I have to go to my password bank. I know, first world problems and all but I figured I’m safe to complain given the subject of this thread is about the start button on the app.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While we are talking about this app, I’m curious if the Ford version does this .... the Lincoln one logs me out fairly often and it’s annoying as hell. Even with my fingerprint registered to log in it will often require the actual password, which I have made impossible to remember, so I have to go to my password bank. I know, first world problems and all but I figured I’m safe to complain given the subject of this thread is about the start button on the app.

The only time it asks me for my password instead of facial recognition is after an update. Maybe yours is updating in the background and you aren’t aware. Mine auto updates as well and this is how I know when ford has pushed out a new version.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only time it asks me for my password instead of facial recognition is after an update. Maybe yours is updating in the background and you aren’t aware. Mine auto updates as well and this is how I know when ford has pushed out a new version.
This may be the answer... it’s weekly but still possible.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

@Artie...dude...fingerprint? Really? That’s so iPhone 8. You drive a Navi but still have to use your fingerprint to unlock your phone like some normie? What’s going on here?!?

Kidding of course. I feel like every third time I log in to my FordPass app I have to log back in, re-enter a PIN, allow facial recognition, etc. Really annoying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357