Long wait for 2022 Expedition???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jozeg

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Expedition on December 1, 2021 and was told to expect a 3-5 month wait. So now going on month 7-8 without any VIN number yet. Dealer keeps telling us he has no idea when to expect it and no word from Ford Co. Is this normal with all the shortages?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Expedition on December 1, 2021 and was told to expect a 3-5 month wait. So now going on month 7-8 without any VIN number yet. Dealer keeps telling us he has no idea when to expect it and no word from Ford Co. Is this normal with all the shortages?

Did your dealer provide you with an order number? Did you sign a sales contract? Has your dealer received the VIN of the vehicle you ordered?

country girl

Reaction score
Ordered Early March & was at dealer early July.
I had a VIN # right away. Mine was ordered 12/10. It was scheduled for production the end of February, but was a3 weeks later. It has been ready to ship since May 29.....still has not arrived at dealer. This was a Limited 302, Red, with a bench seat.