Looking at a 2019 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's at the dealer now having some sensor issues addressed. I'll take a couple more when I get it home again.

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I don’t think I’d worry too much about the tow package for how you are going to use it, especially concerning resale. I ended up putting it on the ‘19 Platinum I ordered mainly because I really liked how the loaner I had with the tow package handled the hills compared to our Tahoe (which was terrible). I plan to trade mine every year, but am concerned it is an option I probably won’t see much return on....hopefully I’m wrong. I was going to test drive one without the tow package, but every one they had on the lot had it. I’ll probably try to test drive one before ordering the next one, unless I feel like I got most of the money back. I’ll most likely never use the receiver hitch on ours.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tow package changes the rear axle ratio. The tow package should have slightly better acceleration and slightly worse fuel economy (highway mostly). I have found in some vehicles the higher numeric axle ratio included in the tow package will make the vehicle feel less laggy. I have only driven with the tow package, so I cannot personally compare.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tow pkg wont change anything in terms of handling characteristics.

Mothnuts

Reaction score
The tow pkg wont change anything in terms of handling characteristics.

Sorry, I was referring to the rear axle ratio when I said handled...I wasn’t very clear on that. The Expy didn’t lose a single mph, whereas the Tahoe would lose close to 5 mph on the same incline.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We bought the 18 Ltd Expy 301A in Oct 18 and with it being built on 21 Aug 18 most of the probs with the Freon, mirrors, etc were corrected, knock on wood....I don’t do much towing but on occasion I will use my trailer to haul stuff to help people out if needed. Most always I use the Silverado Z71 4x4 with tow for any towing I do. You may already have the Expy and, if so, congrats you will love her......the Expy beats the Sub, Tahoe and GMC by a large margin. I also drove the Infinity and Mercedes but the Expy won that battle. 4x4 will increase your resale value but without 4x4 you should get 24 on hiway versus 20/21 with the .373 gears so you’re making money as you drive. Post a pic when you can!!