Looking at buying, 2nd row question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkpinatl

Reaction score
You should probably just wait for the right deal on the 2nd row you really want. Removing the center seat is probably not the best move. That being said I had the opposite problem, I wanted a platinum with all options except 2nd row captains and it took almost a month to find one. To each their own but I have owned both configurations and swore I would never buy another without a bench second row.

Doug Bley

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Limited MAX. I was on my phone and saw a center console so assumed I could get one from Ford. Turns out Explorer item and not Exp. My mistake....

I like the Captains chairs, don't haul kids often, and would like a center console to close up the hole when seats folded down for trips.

Anybody know of one available that is of high quality?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What about the Navigator unit???????
I was going to mention this but the downside to the Navigator unit would be that none of the controls or lights would work so you’d be paying through the nose for a mostly nonfictional item. Maybe if you could locate one in the junkyard but even the I bet it’s going to cost.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was going to mention this but the downside to the Navigator unit would be that none of the controls or lights would work so you’d be paying through the nose for a mostly nonfictional item. Maybe if you could locate one in the junkyard but even the I bet it’s going to cost.

And it wouldn’t match. Like at all.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt he's going to find a "matching unit" anyway, so its hard to be picky when you are piece mealing something together....

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bench seat all the way. Folds down flat for hauling and holds one more grandkid when not folded.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bench seat all the way. Folds down flat for hauling and holds one more grandkid when not folded.
We got bench and flipping love it! The wife can jump back there to placate the kids on long trips, it’s wonderful.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have 3 kids, get the 2nd row captains as long as there is a walk thru. Much better to put kid 3 in the way back, have ample space in between all children, and not have to tilt or move a seat to access the third row.