Looking for 2004 PCM Pin Diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The continuity test passed. What would you do next?
If you have a meter that beeps with continuity, you could test each of the two wires in the circuit, then jiggle parts of the harnesses to find an intermittent fault.

Scanner Danner video on crank sensors, however I don't think you have a scope.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
2004XLT

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tested continuity while moving the harnesses and still got the consistent beep. I then cut the wires for the crankshaft sensor near the pcm and ran my own wires to the sensor with a new connector to the sensor. What's strange is that the jerking and stalling has improved a lot but I got the P0320 again. How could this be? Unless my <5 month old BWD brand sensor is the issue. No idea what to do from here.

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have heard that BWD referred to as "broke when delivered".
Do you get a tach reading when you crank?
Could you have connected the wires the wrong way around?

I am not sure how else you would test that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2004XLT

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll have to look closer. I noticed that before the new wires the green tach light would always illuminate during a stall and now it does not.

Can this code be caused by the camshaft position sensor? I never tested continuity on that circuit I only replaced the sensor.

OP
OP
2004XLT

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read on another forum something about a bad COP causing an interference with the signal from the crank position sensor. I never had a misfire code or any symptom that reminded me of a misfire, but I decided to try swapping coils. Replacing the COP on cylinder 1 fixed the shuttering and stalling and I no longer have the engine light for P0320. I've driven it almost 1000 miles since and no symptoms have returned.

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice work,. Was I a bad OEM cop, fake or aftermarket.

Glad it's working

OP
OP
2004XLT

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was Accel brand I installed about 60k miles ago. I’m using Motorcraft only from now on

MattP1976

Reaction score
I read on another forum something about a bad COP causing an interference with the signal from the crank position sensor. I never had a misfire code or any symptom that reminded me of a misfire, but I decided to try swapping coils. Replacing the COP on cylinder 1 fixed the shuttering and stalling and I no longer have the engine light for P0320. I've driven it almost 1000 miles since and no symptoms have returned.

How did you know to replace the #1 COP with no codes? I'm experiencing the same issue on my 04 4.6. I've replace the crank sensor and found no issues with wiring. I only have the PO320 code but I'm not having any driveability issues. No stalling, bucking/jerking, etc.

OP
OP
2004XLT

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was a guess basically. I unplugged each cop sequentially with the engine running and the #1 seemed to make the least difference. Also it’s closest to the crank sensor so most likely to interfere and in the front of the engine so nearest to weather moisture etc is what I figured