Looking for a phone mount that fits into the vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rnazer83

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2017 expedition that am looking for a phone mount that fits into the vents. These vents are circular and very deep so the mounts i have used with my other cars dont seem to fit.

Also not looking to spend on a Pro Clip as was suggested in another thread. The CD player mounts seem to block the touchscreen since the cd player is located below the screen.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. located in Canada.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CD Player? 2017's don't have CD players, at least ours didn't.

Could see if Course has one that fits.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought one from Target for my 2017 Expedition. It has a sticky mount and it works well. It was hard to find a phone holder that fits the round vent that stays and does not fall.

reklaw

Reaction score
I find in general that the vents that Ford puts in their SUVs don't work well with phone holders. I would suggest checking out proclipusa.com for a mount for your phone.

tacoduck

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2017 expedition that am looking for a phone mount that fits into the vents. These vents are circular and very deep so the mounts i have used with my other cars dont seem to fit.

Also not looking to spend on a Pro Clip as was suggested in another thread. The CD player mounts seem to block the touchscreen since the cd player is located below the screen.

You don’t want a pro clip mount because it’s too expensive? I have a pro clip mount and love it.

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would buy the Pro Clip mount myself, just bite the bullet and actually be happy with the results.

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m happy with my pro clip

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No suggestions for a vent clip here as I've never found them to work well. I can recommend the iOttie windshield mounts though. We've been using them in our vehicles for 10 years and they hold up well. We get about 3 years before the adhesive fails and then we get a new mount. They run about $15 on sale from Amazon.

DeafBringer

Reaction score
Could do an Atach mount. It's a little cheaper. I don't like that it blocks the vent if you mount something directly to it. I am considering a RAM base with a short arm for both sides. Still debating on what to do.