Looking for some suggestions, think we need a new one.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TallCowboy

Reaction score
I say paint and keep it.
Sounds like you are looking for a blessing to go buy a new truck.

So...go buy a new truck if you want to, but don't use routine maintenance and a paint job as an excuse.;)

OP
OP
MattyMMA

MattyMMA

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Sorry for my absence. Been working 80+ hrs a week. Barely have time for family let alone forums.

Long story short they totaled her. They wanted to just paint without removing trim and doing it right. And the damage in some panels, like plastic grill, over wheel wells etc, they wanted to fill and not replace. Maybe that's cheaper but not how it was.

We are looking for a replacement now. Looking for the right mileage 15-17 limited / platinum. Looking for the DVD headrests. A bunch coming on market right now.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Matt

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had quotes running $6-8K cash price from 4 different shops here and that was just for repainting the bubbling/peeling panels, so I'm not surprised they totaled it just for paint if the whole thing needed to be painted.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had quotes running $6-8K cash price from 4 different shops here and that was just for repainting the bubbling/peeling panels, so I'm not surprised they totaled it just for paint if the whole thing needed to be painted.

That's excessive. I got a quote for full body sanding (removing panels as needed) & 2 color bedliner for $6k.