Looking to buy soon with lots of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
James Cain

James Cain

Reaction score
Ok guys, I’m ready to buy and looking at 2 vehicles here in Vegas. Please see the specs to both below and let me know what you think:

2007 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x2, 82K miles, has navigation, dvd, power steps, sunroof, just had rear airbag repair for $7800

2007 Expedition EL, 4x2, 117k miles, just had a sensor and cats replaced for $7200

let me know what you guys think. All responses appreciated

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Miles on the Nav are great, the expedition isnt bad, it is going on 13yrs old after all. It's likely going to come down to what do you like better and your gut feeling. Drive both, look them over, etc. Service records would be key here in making a choice as well as any accident history.

Power runnings boards are a blessing and a curse, cool but $$$ when they fail. Airbags repaired or replaced? Big difference. Patch if that is even possible is likely to fail again. Dont hold much stock in the factory nav on the L. It probably needs updated if even possible and its likely easier to throw in an aftermarket unit.

As much as I like the exterior of the navigator I absolutely can't stand the dash and cluster design in the 3rd gen, the whole retro and silver thing automaker's tried to do in the early-mid 2000's was generally awful. Unless it was just too good of a deal to pass up, personally I'd always choose an expedition if all other things were equal.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok guys, I’m ready to buy and looking at 2 vehicles here in Vegas. Please see the specs to both below and let me know what you think:

2007 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x2, 82K miles, has navigation, dvd, power steps, sunroof, just had rear airbag repair for $7800

2007 Expedition EL, 4x2, 117k miles, just had a sensor and cats replaced for $7200

let me know what you guys think. All responses appreciated

Have you personally seen either of them yet? At face value they both seem like pretty good deals. Even though I dont use it often, 4WD was high on my list of requirements when shopping. If thats not a concern for you then no biggie. I'd want to verify what other basic maintenance was done to them and confirm those original spark plugs aren't still in there. I'd also want to confirm how the paint looks on the hood and tailgate.

OP
OP
James Cain

James Cain

Reaction score
well guys i ended up with the navigator. thanks for all the replies on this topic! you been a big help. ive got some small issues on it to take care of and will be on here searching for info on the fixes. Thanks again!!!