Loose led headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdahlen

Reaction score
I have a 2011 xlt, installed LED headlights. I think one of them is not in tight. When driving, it looks like left one has a vibration. What can i do to make sure they are installed tight?

KRexpe

Reaction score
Make a thin gasket that goes around the base of the led where the bulb twists into the headlight itself. This will take out any play in the housing, but be careful with what material you use as LED bulbs get hot.

taaangy234

Reaction score
I've gone through two sets of LED for 3yrs now, finding LED runs extremely hot when I test it on the bench, not like the internet said it is supposed to be cooler than 55w halogen for sure Halogen and HID will run cooler, as the heat is coming from the bulb, the base of the bulb stays cool, I've made the switch to put Morimoto XB35 HID bulb in now and paired with an OEM 35w HID Ballast that appears to give a better beam pattern and distance, also prevent the projector reflector from peeling from accessive heat and wiring harness in the headlight itself. I find some cars like old Benz the headlight cable insulation inside cracks off and causes short when crossing the wire, also Lexus RX 330 HID projector reflect housing dulls out through years of heat.

Make sure you have a good vision of the bulb in the socket, you can put it in the wrong way the bulb will be tilted and a bit loose, that happened to my 2019 few days ago when I installed the 9005 HID bulb, one side end up not going into the socket properly, I have to use a peak mirror triple check it to make sure.

Last edited: