Loose tail light housings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Procita

Reaction score
I was washing the truck up after a recent beach trip and noticed that the tail light housings were loose. Not about to fall out but enough that made me wonder if the clips or pins or screws or whatever were failing already. I put my hand flat on the surface that wraps around that's opposite the lift gate and just gave it a forward and back motion and got about a half inch of play on the driver's side and maybe an 1/8" on the passenger. Seems strange...

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Under the liftgate on the inside of the taillights there is a plastic piece that pops off. Under that are a couple of screws that allow the taillight assembly to be removed. Loosen the screws and shift the back of the taillight (I believe) to the outside. That will tighten the forward clips and eliminate most of the play. You can also get the directions on how to remove the taillight assemblies in the owners manual under changing light bulbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360