Losing power when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KimmyV

Reaction score
Howdy! I have found a few threads on this topic but none that contained the solution provided by their Ford service department. The issue has happened 3 times now on our 2021 with 18k miles. When cruising on the freeway around 70/75, pushing on the gas to accelerate and pass another vehicle, the car feels like it loses power, or maybe more like it's been shifted into neutral. The engine is running but the car slows down and does not react when I press on the gas pedal. Let off the gas for a few seconds, the car seems to come back to life and goes as it should. This version has happened twice. Today, the third instance of the issue, driving 40ish and stepping on gas to pass a vehicle the car "loses power" again, this time there was a rattling noise below and it took longer for the car to regain power. Also, this time a wrench and "see manual" light appeared for a second then disappeared. My husband called the service department and was told that my car threw 3 codes today; 2 were battery codes and the 3rd, which happened right around the time my car lost power, it threw a "stuck in park" code. Yet the service guy said he had never heard of this and wants to see if it is an issue with the electronics in the gear shifter knob. Thoughts? Have any of you had this issue AND had a positive resolution?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357