Losing transmission fluid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

James McCracken

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what the other line is on this? It’s a front right brake hose on a 4x4. The metal connector is the main brake line to the caliper. What’s the other for?

managed to get two of the nuts off. Went by a tire shop their air impact wouldn’t even budge the other 4 and it was a big impact that apparently hasn’t ever been able to remove anything till today it met it’s match.

so I decided to check the other wheels.
Right rear. All 6 came loose with my Milwaukee no problem.
Both left wheels are the same as the front right the lug nuts won’t budge.
E6A0C79C-26EE-44A5-B1BC-3CA78A486AFB.png

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Air impact wouldn’t budge them.

checked the others a few minutes ago. Right rear my Milwaukee took them off just fine.

the driver side is just like the front passenger side. They won’t budge.

Someone else mentioned they used a six foot length of pipe on a breaker bar to bust their stuck lug nuts loose. That may be your next option. You just don't want to be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire trying to fight frozen lug nuts.
That hose photo in your post is just done by a photo tech, probably not a parts guy. It's just some adjacent hose you might find near the brake hose, or you might not. Other brand photos of the same part listing don't show the additional hose group.

Same part but AC Delco ....
18J4216_Primary__ra_p.jpg

Last edited:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Air impact wouldn’t budge them.

checked the others a few minutes ago. Right rear my Milwaukee took them off just fine.

the driver side is just like the front passenger side. They won’t budge.

I am sure you have already tried but, did you try tightening them some then remove? most of the time if I can't get off I just tighten a little then loosen. (Tightening manually then impact off) If you can get just a little movement they usually come off.

OP
OP
J

James McCracken

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned they used a six foot length of pipe on a breaker bar to bust their stuck lug nuts loose. That may be your next option. You just don't want to be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire trying to fight frozen lug nuts.
That hose photo in your post is just done by a photo tech, probably not a parts guy. It's just some adjacent hose you might find near the brake hose, or you might not. Other brand photos of the same part listing don't show the additional hose group.

Same part but AC Delco ....
18J4216_Primary__ra_p.jpg
I got them all loose. 3/4 drive breaker bar. I also hit the other two wheels.

Sold it today to a buddy of mine. Yes all the issues were disclosed to him. We’ve been friends for years. He just wanted something cheap that needed minimal work done to it.

bought it two years ago for $2000 sold it for $1500

maddest weather tech floor mats front and rear. New headlight housings and led bulbs.

repaired two brake lines

other than that just oil changes

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360