Loss of Acceleration & Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

member11

Reaction score
I ordered the plugs today...hope to order the coils after my next paycheck! The powertrain complaint is interesting. when it first started happening, I considered the transmission, but after paying attention to the different situations, I'm pretty sure my situation is fuel or spark.

Let me know how it goes. I have new spark plugs and a new fuel pump but haven't inspected the rest of the fuel system. I'm not sure how, tbh, so keep us updated. Good luck!

OP
OP
B

BluBlocker

Reaction score
Well...good news! I put the plugs in this weekend and I believe that fixed the problem. I'll have to drive it around a bit more to make sure, but it accelerates hard...no lag! The gap on the old plugs averaged .076. I'm not sure if these were the original plugs or if they got changed at 100k miles before I bought it. I changed the oxygen sensors about a month ago and that took care of the severe engine shake that would occur periodically. Thanks to all who posted replies! Good luck to those still trying to find a fix!

OP
OP
B

BluBlocker

Reaction score
Montauksummer...try the plugs. Everything is very accessible, except for the back two, but it's no big deal with a swivel. If you don't have one, buy a blow gun with a long nozzle. Blow all the dirt out before you start and as you go. Do one hole at a time, blow everything out before you remove the old plug, and after by sticking the nozzle all the way down to the chamber. Cover your intake and knock it out one by one...good luck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360