Low Beam replacement in a '15 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I nipped them on the bottom to let the wires through. I closed them up as tight as possible afterwards.

Thank you! Just bought it from Amazon & Will install it when I install my new battery. Apparently my dashcam is draining the original battery a bit too much & might be causing corrosion on the positive terminal .

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if anyone cares:
I took a few photos of my install. First using the connector as provided didn't work as the polarity was reversed. The first photo shows me documenting what color goes where. The second photo shows the adapter has a nice +- and, well, direct connection doesn't work. 20181016_182244.jpg 20181016_182028.jpg
20181016_181754.jpg

Here I made a small cut into the dust cover. Feed the wires through before installing them in the connector (keep hole small)
20181016_181751.jpg
I zip tied the controller to the vertical beam next to the one with the quarter like hole.
20181016_183429.jpg
Snug up the controller & it's rattle free.
I seem to be having a problem with the left light bulb beam pattern. I'll check it out over the next few nights & provide an update.

I've used LED bulbs & they just don't pattern well in projector housings.

BTW I'm really good at step by step photo documentation unless I'm not getting paid. I had more interest in working fast than documenting as I was 60 minutes from losing light when I started.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve gone thru two sets of xentecs and they both poop out pretty quickly within a year. You my have a better experience but these are all cheapo HID kits. The best retrofitting kits out there are from places like The Retrofit Source which use really high end stuff. I’m still not convinced LED aftermarket bulbs can give off the lumens and distance output that HID can. I haven’t tried the SL1’s. Maybe they are a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These were just a test I test function with cheap stuff then beef up & invest where I need to.
I did these because everything says it's not compatible (including these) but they worked & are very compatible.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good thinking. Since we have factory projectors it’s pretty easy plug n play thankfully. I am saving up for some really good HID’s and maybe even a projector swap like gixer did someday

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I’ve gone thru two sets of xentecs and they both poop out pretty quickly within a year. You my have a better experience but these are all cheapo HID kits. The best retrofitting kits out there are from places like The Retrofit Source which use really high end stuff. I’m still not convinced LED aftermarket bulbs can give off the lumens and distance output that HID can. I haven’t tried the SL1’s. Maybe they are a game changer.

Unfortunately so many people are obsessed with price over quality. I love a good deal but if I'm going to change a ballast every few months or even every year its just not worth the trouble. I would rather spend the $$ and get something I can rely on.

As muddy said theretrofitsource.com, Diodedynamics.com or Lightwerkz.net are the place to go for hid needs.

If your running a oem D2S bulb find a oem ballast
Any bulb with amp connectors (like the kit above has) run Hylux 2A88

As for the SL1... Its a great competitor for halogen but still won't touch an HID.

Also Morimoto just came out with the 2 stroke 2.0 that they claim performs just as well as the SL1 if not better but I haven't seen it for myself yet

Drmayer88

Reaction score